Dartford Arts Network (DAN) is an inclusive arts organisation engaging local artists and the wider community
- Dartford Arts Network (DAN) is an inclusive arts and culture network for those in, around and connected to the Borough of Dartford. Our aims and activities are:
- To engage as many of the people of Dartford in creative activities as possible, as frequently as possible
- In pursuit of this to organise, and seek funding support for; public events with a strong arts theme / exhibitions of members’ work / public art installations
- To enhance the reputation of Dartford as an arts destination and creative community
- Similarly, to improve quality of life and wellbeing in Dartford through engagement in, and benefit from the impact of, the arts
- To maximise this by reaching out to all local artists and growing the capability and diversity of DAN
- To influence planning and policy decisions made locally which affect, in particular, the visual environment or the role of the arts in the local economy
- Where appropriate to pursue the above by forming alliances with other arts organisations in the region around Dartford.
WORKING TOWARDS A SHARED GOAL
Dartford Arts Network was founded by various people in Dartford, including painters, sculptors, sonic artists, designers, illustrators, curators, social media consultants, media, photographers and educators.